Re: sparc testing available now...

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 11:22:49AM -0400, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> > I was informed that there was some testing needed for binutils on sparc,
> > and since I've been doing all the buildd work, aswell as the sparc/sparc64
> > gcc (and related tools) I figured I would join the list (which I've put off
> > for long enough now :)
>
> Thanks!  I think we really needed a sparc person around here :-)

Yeah, I guess I need to ask you about the patch that I sent to the BTS reagarding
the elf64_sparc.sh changes, and the fact that sparc now uses egcs (aka gcc 2.95.x)
as the default gcc (debian/rules hardcodes egcc as the default for sparc). I could
really use having these changes made to the package for the next release to unstable
so I don't have to keep binutils on hold.

Compiling now, I'll post results soon.

Thanks,
  Ben