Re: New binutils uploaded for experimental (fwd)

On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 05:12:24PM -0400, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> I just uploaded binutils 2.9.5.0.10 to experimental.  From what I can
> tell, this version would nuke almost all of the bugs that are filed
> against binutils currently (except for the strip bug which I haven't
> tested yet, so it might solve that too).
>
> Please try it out and see what goes.  Also, it would help if someone can
> compile it on other archs (I'm on Alpha, so i386 is another arch to me) to
> look for problems that might come up involving this version on another
> arch.
>
> As usual, please email me directly about any problems or results with
> this.

Not even close to working on powerpc.  There's a lot of wierd things
going wrong, the largest of which is:

drow:~% gcc -o test test.o
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

for ANY program.  Including itself.

Dan