Re: Fake package for Texlive 2023

On 26.10.2023 00:55, Karl Berry wrote:

Hi Karl,

But, as Norbert says, it's not exactly optimal to have this page under
tug.org/texlive nowadays.

OK, understood. I'll try if I can migrate [1] to the Debian Wiki, but I can't tell if I'll be successful.

Debian doesn't have its own "TeX on Debian" page? Pretty much every
other distro has such a page.

If you want a link, which is qualitatively comparable to that one from Ubuntu, use [2] ;) .

A basic search shows https://wiki.debian.org/Latex which looks more
or less ok. Maybe you could move whatever info and the equivs files
from https://tug.org/texlive/debian.html to there? Or somewhere?
> And I could get out of the maintaining-debian-specific-info business?

I understand, it is not your business. I'll try to have a look at that, but it may take time. Please keep the pages, maybe I find the time to migrate them to the Debian Wiki.

Hilmar

[1] https://tug.org/texlive/debian.html
[2] https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=texlive