Biber/Biblatex incompatible version

Dear maintainers,

biber version 2.17 that was accepted into unstable
on January 28 is incompatible with the biblatex version 3.16 shipped
with texlive-full or which is available in CTAN. There is the following error.

"ERROR - Error: Found biblatex control file version 3.7, expected version 3.8. This means that your biber (2.17) and biblatex (3.16) versions are incompatible.
See compat matrix in biblatex or biber PDF documentation.
"

I fixed it on my distribution by manually installing biblatex version
3.17 from Github sources but I'm not entirely sure it is the best way
to do that.

I'm available for further discussion.

Best,
--