Re: Reduced activity and involvement in Debian

Julian Gilbey dixit:
>On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 11:27:21AM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:

>> Unfortunately, Debian Account Managers decided yesterday that I am not
>> worth it anymore:

Ouch! I’m only seeing this now due to the… Pocock situation.

>> On Mon, 17 Dec 2018, Debian Account Managers <da-manager@debian.org> wrote:
>> > We do not believe that you currently have any intention of being
>> > a constructive member of Debian, and we see little hope for
>> > improvement as it is.

This is more than just vague. Unless there is more context, this
reads as “we don’t like your nose, go away”.

>(I know nothing of what led up to this email from DAM, btw.)
>
>I'll support you all the way,

Indeed, this is surprising, one had not heard of anything before;
I’m appalled and, if the above is really not supplied by more
rationale, I’m with you too. (I also (re‑)read the SJW post and
find myself nodding along, as well.)

>Ya what?  I don't know what provoked that, but as the lynchpin of TeX
>maintenance in Debian, I don't know what they're thinking.

Now _that_ is going to become really interesting, especially
considering what Hilmar wrote:

>Well  ermm,  yes.  Sorry to hear that: you were the last active person
>in the Debian TeX team, so in the future our packages will be mostly
>NMU'ed. :-( .

This is going to be rather unfortunate. I’m “full”, work-wise,
but if I can occasionally help out with an upload or so, do
ping me (private eMail).

bye,
//mirabilos

PS: Second shock, after the new Policy release, just shy of
    yule holiday time… not amused.
--
“ah that reminds me, thanks for the stellar entertainment that you and certain