Re: ITP: teckit -- Encoding conversion tools for plain text files

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 4:02 PM Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:
Hi Daniel,

great to hear from you!

:)

On Thu, 01 Nov 2018, Daniel Glassey wrote:
> It would be great if we can do this transition before the transition
> freeze, as long as you don't think this is too close to the release to do.

I have pushed changes for texlive-bin to salsa branch experimental,
please review them.

Thanks. What is there looks good to me.
I think there should also be a Depends on teckit

I build-tested the changes by removing the teckit sources from the
unpacked texlive-bin sources and started a build. All went fine.

I am fine with uploading this to unstable even now BUT (!!!) after
the perl transition is done, because currently one cannot build
texlive-bin in unstable due to perl brokenness.

I'll upload teckit to unstable with the Conflicts removed (after reading more I think that would mess things up and Breaks/Replaces is enough. I'll do that after the perl transition then the next texlive-bin can be built against it.

If you need any other changes in the texlive-bin control file, please
make them yourself or send pull request or patch or info, whatever.

> I was sorry to miss my opportunity to get to Taiwan and meet you there. I
> hope you had a good time there :)

Yeah, that would have been nice ... it was great in Taiwan.

:)
Daniel