Re: info.info document texinfo vs emacs

Hi Rob,

thanks for your quick reply!

> > your changes I guess we should in the future *ignore* all sub-directories
> > of /usr/share/info, and only index those files directly in that dir. Right?
>
> Right, at least that's what I was thinking with respect to emacs-XY/.

As far as I see only the emacs and guile packages are doing this kind
of subdirs by now, so I guess that is safe.

> Though if we think that might be problematic somehow, then it would also
> be easy to keep the versioned pages in /usr/share/emacs24/info/ or
> something, and use that with update-alternatives and in README.Debian.

I don't think that this is necessary.

> Hmm, offhand, I'd guess the simplest thing might be to let
> texinfo-doc-nonfree go first, and then I'll include something like this
> in emacsXY-common-non-dfsg?
>
>   Breaks: texinfo-doc-nonfree (<= LAST_VERSION_WITH_INFO_INFO)

Hmmm, I am packaging 6.1 now, but this will take some time.

I see two options:
- I prepare a version of 6.0 (not the one that I just uploaded, that was
  for a different fix), that removes the info.info already (although
  6.0 still ships the file), and upload soon (can be any time now).
  Then you are free to do whatever you want at your own pace.

- Or, I continue packaging 6.1 (which is in pretest ATM) and only
  remove the info.info when I upload 6.1, but this would mean that you
  have to wait with your emacs changes.

I am fine with both, just let me know what you prefer

All the best

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13