Re: info.info document texinfo vs emacs

Hi Rob,

>   ...but here's what I'm currently contemplating for at least Debian
>   Emacs and Guile, and I wondered if it seems plausible given the
>   current tools:

I think this is an excellent plan, disregarding the update-alternative
question. I have used u-a for small sets (2/3 files) but never for
a huge set like you are planning.

What still remains open is how the
	update-info-dir
script that updates the central dir file should work. Reading through
your changes I guess we should in the future *ignore* all sub-directories
of /usr/share/info, and only index those files directly in that dir. Right?

Do we make an accorded upload, do we need some cross dependencies?
I don't see the need for it, but the one case that the emacs (doc-nonfree)
packages should probably either conflict with texinfo-doc-nonfree,
and/or add replaces, since the info.info.gz might be installed.

Anything else that comes to your mind?

All the best

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13