Re: Build failures with new texlive

HI Jakub,

thanks for your feedback, that is *very* much appreciated.

On Wed, 01 Jul 2015, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> think c-auto.h should be moved back to /usr/include in the Debian
> package.
>
> The reason upstream moved the header is that they wanted it to live
> in /usr/lib on i386 and in /usr/lib64 on x86-64, so that the two
> packages are co-installable. But in Debian, we don't use /usr/lib64
> at all, so this reason doesn't apply.
>
> (libkpathsea* could be made co-installable with itself on Debian,
> but that would involve, among other things, moving the header to
> /usr/include/<triplet> rather than /usr/lib(64).)

I followed Peter (Breitenlohner)'s advice, as he is our (TeX Live upstream)
guru for everything related to building etc.

But if you think/advice/strongly suggest to move it back to
/usr/include/kpathsea/, I am more than happy to do this. It would
make life also a bit easier for me ;-)

I will try to make an upload later today or tomorrow.

ALl the best

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13