Re: Build failures with new texlive

Hi Norbert!

* Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>, 2015-07-01, 07:55:
 * Packages cannot find c-auto.h header

Shouldn't that automatically handled by using pkg-config? Or do you mean these are packages that do *not* use pkg-config to get the proper flags?

I saw only #790657 in this category. dvi2dvi doesn't use pkg-config. It wouldn't be hard to add pkg-config support to dvi2dvi, but I think c-auto.h should be moved back to /usr/include in the Debian package.

The reason upstream moved the header is that they wanted it to live in /usr/lib on i386 and in /usr/lib64 on x86-64, so that the two packages are co-installable. But in Debian, we don't use /usr/lib64 at all, so this reason doesn't apply.

(libkpathsea* could be made co-installable with itself on Debian, but that would involve, among other things, moving the header to /usr/include/<triplet> rather than /usr/lib(64).)

Also, Debian Policy (§9.1.1) says packages must adhere to FHS (with some exceptions), which says the correct place for headers in /usr/include.

--
Jakub Wilk