Re: pgf - updates and future

Dear Ohura-san,

(日本語が必要ならば、教えて下さい。どちらでも大丈夫です。)

as I have not received any answer, I am asking again concerning
your future plans of pgf.

Could you please let us know how to proceed?

To repeat, here is the git repository:
        http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-tex/pgf.git
        git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-tex/pgf.git

Thanks a lot

Norbert

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Ohura-san
>
> Norbert from the Debian TeX Maintainers Team.
>
> I would like to inquire about your future plans regarding pgf?
> A new release has been made in 12/2013, finally after many years,
> and the new release has also entered TeX Live (upstream) already.
>
> I would like to see the new pgf rather soon in Debian, so I would
> like to hear your opinion, as there are a few things I can offer you,
> if you want:
> * I can help packaging, in fact I have created a git repo (locally
>   by now) where I imported your 2.10-1 package and the new upstream
>   source, and started the necessary changes of the packaging.
>   If you have some VCS repository (svn, git, bzr, whatever) that is
>   accessible I can contribute.
>
> * We could move the pgf package into the Debian TeX Group and use
>   your repository or start a new one in the git.debian.org debian-tex
>   realm.
>
> * We could phase out the independent pgf package and re-include it
>   in the texlive-pictures package, which includes several extensions
>   of tikz and other graphics packages.
>
> Looking forward to hear your opinion.
>
> 宜しくお願い致します。
>
> Norbert

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13