font license (texlive-fonts-recommended)

hi,

i'm currently preparing the upload of the "gmerlin" Debian package,
which contains a type1 font that triggers the lintian error
   "license-problem-font-adobe-copyrighted-fragment"

so i did some research on how other packages handle this error, and came
across "texlive-fonts-recommended", which contains other type1 fonts
that appear to have the same issue:

the thing is, that there *is* an embedded fragment in my font that says
"(c) Adobe", but the fragment is *not* the one mentioned at [1], but
instead a very frugal:
<snip>
   [ {} {} {}
   {systemdict /internaldict known not
   {pop 3}
   {1183615869 systemdict /internaldict get exec
   dup /startlock known
   {/startlock get exec}
   {dup /strtlck known
   {/strtlck get exec}
   {pop 3}
   ifelse}
   ifelse}
   ifelse
   } executeonly
   ] ND
</snip>

this looks suspiciously similar to what is included in "uhvro8a.pfb" in
the texlive-fonts-recommented package.

now, it seems you have added a lintian-override for this particular
error, but i couldn't find any documentation (neither a comment in the
override file, nor a remark in debian/changelog) on what justifies this
override.

as i would like to also add this override in my package, i would like to
ask you, why you think this is a false-positive (or whatever).

mgfrdsa
IOhannes

PS: please CC me, as i'm not subscribed on the list.

[1] http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/opentype/index_ps_code3.html