Re: biblatex and biber

Hi Norbert

On 14 Jul 2013 19:05, "Norbert Preining" <preining@logic.at> wrote:

> On So, 14 Jul 2013, Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) wrote:
> > I severely struggled with GIT last week.  If I get version 1.6 of Biblatex,
>
> BTW, yes, you have serious problems with your setup. The whole git repo
> is a mess. Run once gitk and look at the concoctions ou have created.
>
> Up to e60b10d21 all is fine. After that it goes boooooommmmmm

Indeed.  GIT is completely unnatural to me.  The manuals are a complete mess and full of annoying and outright silly concepts and definitions that make even a consultant look away.

I just wanted to update the repository with a new upstream version.  Can you imagine that?  *sigh*

> From what I read is that you *mix* two things, which is not a good idea:
> - importing orig.tar.gz
> - pulling from upstream into the master branch
>
> That is not good.

Yes.  I "fixed" it by importing the upstream tarball because I was fed up with GIT.  Absolutely not best practice, but the only way I could find to at least continue some work without some terribly annoying GIT behaviour, like having to commit my entire debian/ folder.  (I mean, WTF?!)

> I am not an expert, but I keep the upstream-git in a separate branch,
> and again one "upstream" which is the one managed from
> git-buildpackage.

One day I will have to figure out your workflow and copy that.

> If you want, I can try to clean it up sooner or later, but it is unclear
> what you want to achieve with the pulls from upstream git.

I think the current state is workable, no?  If not, then I will just request to remove the package and start all over again.

Thanks for your insights.

BR

--
Danai