Re: texlive-lang-french and babel (texlive-latex-base) improvement

Patrick GOLDBRONN <patrick.goldbronn@cea.fr> writes:

> Could you change this feature putting in texlive-lang-french all files
> relative to french language of texlive-latex-base to get an error when
> we use \babel{french} without texlive-lang-french;

I fear this won't be possible, since french.ldf is part of babel which
is a base requirement for LaTeX.

> or putting
> hyphen-french in texlive-latex-base. I don't know what is the best !

Here the problem ist that the same argument holds for any language that
babel supports.  And I don't think we want to put all (babel-supported)
hyphenation patterns into base.  Norbert?