Re: SVN texlive (2012) commit: r5614 - texlive2012/texlive-bin/trunk/debian

On Do, 19 Jul 2012, Frank Küster wrote:
> > This is what I doubt ... this is what DEP-5 makes us think.
>
> Hm, the Policy says:
>
> ,----
> | Every package must be accompanied by a verbatim copy of its copyright
> | information and distribution license in the file
> | /usr/share/doc/package/copyright.
> `----

What we do, the copy right and license statement as used by TeX Live.

> It does NOT say that this information must be as fine-grained as DEP-5
> expects it.  However, I don't see how it's easier to maintain one large

Yes.

> Copyright paragraph for the whole source package than do it per upstream
> source directory or per file.

Well, the problem is that one needs to crawl through 2000 packages and collect
names, years in addition to the information we have about the license.
That is just simply another few man-month nobody will and want to invetst.

HALCRO (n.)
An adhesive fibrous cloth used to hold babies' clothes
together. Thousands of tiny pieces of jam 'hook' on to thousands of
tiny-pieces of dribble, enabling the cloth to become 'sticky'.