Re: User specific tds

On Mi, 18 Jul 2012, Patrick Häcker wrote:
> After deleting the override for TEXMFHOME and TEXMFCONFIG everything seems
> to work and the files in my home directory are again preferred to the

Good.

> The last thing I am curious about is the program name. So if texdoc is
> getting the paths, does it use "texdoc", "doc", "latex" or something
> completely different as its program name? I am asking because only if "doc"
> is used, my home directory would be preferred to the system path
> (/usr/share/...) as far as I understood.

texdoc searches under $TEXMF/doc, that means in your case
	~/.tex/doc/
But also see the answer by Frank how to find all possible paths where
you can put doc files.

> More general: Does every program use its "real" name or how can I find out
> which name gets used?

No. It is up to the program what it does. Most do, though. ANd for most
it is not of relevance.

BUDE
A polite joke reserved for use in the presence of vicars.