Re: [Dev-luatex] new luatex for Debian

Hi,

On 05/22/2012 02:41 AM, Norbert Preining wrote:
Hi everyone,

as far as I see I need a new luatex for Debian, as the one we
ship from one year ago does not use the stacked texmf.cnf way
(new libkpathsea) that means it breaks down completely in our
layout.

I would prefer to keep the sources separate for now.

Is there a chance you make a release 0.70.1.1 or .2 based on what it
is in TeX Live now?

I believe Martin and Hartmut are busy merging back the library changes
in texlive to the standalone luatex, but that would be on trunk. It
will make sense to release a 0.70.2 in a few weeks to consolidate
the current state of the texlive sources into the luatex repository,
but at this time I cannot predict exactly when.

Or do you have a *script* that does the necessary cut-out from a
texlive svn checkout, so that I can create my own release based
on TL2012 for Debian?

No script, as each year much of the build stuff is significantly
different from the previous year, and you can't really fix the .am and
.ac files automatically. From past experience, it will typically
take a day of work to extract just the luatex parts from the tl build
process.

Best wishes,
Taco