Re: Converting to git

On Fr, 31 Aug 2012, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Fr, 31 Aug 2012, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > For some of them like texinfo, luatex I am planning to change this
> > into a standard layout for git-bp, ie with upstream branch, master
> > branche and pristine-tar branch.
> >
> > If anyone has an idea please let me know ...
>
> FOudn it in g-bp manual. One has to create an orphan branch upstream:
> git checkout --orphan upstream
> git rm -rf .
> git commit --allow-empty -m 'Initial upstream branch.'
> git checkout master
>
> and then import the orig.tar.gz with git-import-orig

Another hint ...
in my original explanation that tags were renamed from the branch name to only
the tag name. I now chaneged that to rename them to
	"debian/$ref"
which is in line wiht git-buildpackage

I have no properly converted texinfo and did some more changes,
I hope I don't have to redo texinfo, but probably all the others ...

NAZEING (participial vb.)
The rather unconvincing noises of pretended interest which an adult
has to make when brought a small dull object for admiration by a
child.