Re: Freeze exception for texlive-extra 2012.20120611-2

On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 10:40 +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> now that texlive-extra 2012.20120611-2 is accepted into unstable and
> there the second day, I ask once more for freeze exception:

48 hours really isn't very long to wait before chasing.  It's a little
quick when we're not frozen tbh and at low urgency the package won't be
eligible to migrate for another week in any case.

> On Mo, 30 Jul 2012, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > I would like to ask for a freeze exception for
> > 	texlive-extra 2012.20120611-2
> > The only change made in this release is a fix for a incorrect info
> > file, that when run through (g)install-info, under certain circumstances
> > (that is not clear by now) creates garbeld UTF8 output in the
> > /usr/share/info/dir file.

That sounds okay, although by your own admission it's _not_ the only
change:

> > I attach the full debdiff to this email. There are other changes
> > that creeped into the debdiff, due to our packaging of the
> > texlive-{base,extra,doc,lang} package in the same repository, but
> > they only related to other packages and are not evaluated
> > (changes in tpm2deb.cfg), plus a call to dh_lintian in rules.

I must admit to being a little confused as to why tpm2deb.cfg is shipped
in the source package if it's not used.  The call to dh_lintian should
certainly be mentioned in the changelog; it's a material change to the
packaging.

However, the source package appears to already handle binary lintian
overrides by its own method and I don't think it's worth the build or
review time just to fix the changelog so have unblocked the package.
I'd ask that you please bear the above comments in mind for future
uploads.

Regards,

Adam