Re: tex-common package bug in launchpad

On 08.07.12 melchiaros (melchiaros@aol.com) wrote:

Hi,

> could you please look at :
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tex-common/+bug/1017675
>
> there is a package issue for i368 systems with tex-common 3.13 on
> Ubuntu12.10(development version).

Well, not only on i386.

> Angle Guzman Maeso has reported it and has also already done a deep
> inspection of the issue which should be allow to fix it.

I understand this a wishlist bug: updmap-sys should not fail
generally if a (locally) installed map file is missing, but just
issue a warning, correct? This could cause further problems in case
people miss the warning and then start complaining b/c their locally
installed fonts do not work any more.

H.
--
I once witnessed a long-winded, month-long flamewar over the use of
mice vs. trackballs... It was very silly.