Re: context format

Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
Mon, 28 May 2012 16:51:00 +0900

   On Fr, 25 Mai 2012, Eythan Weg wrote:
   > Is it possible (if luatex is installed) to make context mkiv available
   > for use immediately after its installation, just like mkii?  If so, and in

   What do you need? There is some work going on, but already now
   at any time
   	mtxrun --generate
   is run.

   > the same spirit have the paper size set according to the  locale.  Just a bit

   Difficult, but I might work on it at some point.

I thought to mention it because of the current discussion regarding
alternatives  to texconfig, and it involves inserting   just one tiny
file for each of the versions of context.

   > I read it a long time ago.  But as I read it now, I believe it does not
   > explain how to create a context format.  In any case, I advocate the

   You don't need a context format. It will be *anyway* rebuild
   and saved in your TEXMFVAR when you run it.

   Just use
   	context ...
   and all will work out automatically, at least that is the plan.

Yes,  thank you.   But the preferred location (i think) is
TEXMFSYSVAR.  And then create only cont-en.fmt.

   DOBWALLS (pl.n.)
   The now hard-boiled bits of nastiness which have to be prised off
   crockery by hand after it has been through a dishwasher.
   			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

Thanks, Eythan.