TL2012 status 2012-02-27

Hi everyone,

I have uploaded packages for texlive-bin/base/doc and tex-common to
	deb http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ tl2012-pre/
	deb-src http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ tl2012-pre/

Some of them are installable, some need --force-overwrite because
some links in /usr/bin are both in texlive-binaries and in the respective
packages, but shouldn't be too many.

I could install everything up to texlive-latex-base but fmtutil broke,
as it cannot find luatex.ini.

I have added a TODO to the svn tree texlive2012/TODO, it collects warnings
and remarks what has to be done. No, there is not a detailed explanation
*what*actually* has to be done, I need people with brain and Debian
experience to look into that.

If you want to bring something forward it would be great if finally
someone steps forward and actually does some testing:
- get a chroot running
- make install tests, fix by hand, reinstall, remember what has to fixed
  record and send it
- restart

For those who want to rebuild the packages, which might be a good idea
now and then during testing, here a recipe (well, all in svn explained,
but who cares to look?):
- checkout svn texlive2012
- for texlive-binaries, it is straight forward normal building, nothing
  specific

- for the others (base/doc/lang/extra):
  . get a tlnet from texlive (CTAN can be rsynced!)
    (unfortunately still necessary, I want to get rid of that
    for tpm2deb-source, it should read the tlpdb from the .orig.tar.gz!)
  . copy the .orig.tar.gz into svn texlive2012/texlive-nonbin/trunk
  . get some recent tlpkg/TeXLive for the perl modules as yo need it
  . cd there
  . run perl tpm2deb-source.pl --noremove --nosrcpkg --master=/path/to/tlnet make-deb-source texlive-base [ texlive-doc ... ]
    (you can directly build a source package by dropping --nosrcpkg
     and keep the tmp tree by dropping the --noremove)

Enjoy

DILLYTOP (n.)
The kind of bath plug which for some unaccountable reason is actually
designed to sit on top of the hole rather than fit into it.