Re: tex-common for 2011 and above -- Call for coders

Hi everyone,

On Fr, 17 Feb 2012, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Fr, 17 Feb 2012, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > What has to done:
> > - rewrite dh_installtex that snippets are placed somewhere
> >   into /var/lib/texmf/ (what was before in /etc/texmf/updmap.d/
> >   separate by /usr/share/texmf and /usr/share/texmf-dist
>
> That is done partially by now. It does NOT distinguish by now, and
> puts everything into
> 	/var/lib/texmf/udpmap-cfg/
> but other than that it works. I have to work out a way to
> get this fixed.

More explanation:
multi updmap reads *all* updmap.cfg, thus we do not need any specific
override/disable mechanism but the standard one. Every tree's updmap.cfg
should contian  *EXACTELY* the map files that are shipped in that tree.
Sys admins can override by adding/editing /etc/Texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg
and disable map file there, or override them, or whatever.

So the only thing we have to do from the tex side:
- put snippets of map files in texmf / texmf-texlive into
  /var/lib/tex-common/maps-texm and /var/lib/tex-common/maps-texmf-texlive
  (or similar name)
- at update-updmap time we just assemble all the map snippets into
  one updmap.cfg file. NO checking of other map files, NO duplication
  check, a simple cat /../* > ../web2c/updmap.cfg (in principle!)

that's all.

> > - adapt the trigger meachnism so that on the map trigger the
> >   respective updmap.cfg files are recreated from the snippets
>
> That is either a new script, or a adaption of update-fontlang.

See above.

> I have no build binary and texlive-base packages with the current DEVEL
> dh_installtex, which means it cannot be installed, but at least
> it builds.

debs and sources are at
	http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/tl2012-pre/
(deb/deb-src lines possible
	 deb http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ tl2012-pre/
	 deb-src http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ tl2012-pre/
)

ANy check of these packages are welcome.

NAUGATUCK (n.)
A plastic sachet containing shampoo, polyfilla, etc., which is
impossible to open except by off the corners.