tex-common for 2011 and above -- Call for coders

Hi everyone,

is anyone here that want to code a few things in tex-common for
the new texlive packages?

The changes that have to be made come from the fact that we will
ship a multi-updmap, so updmap reads *ALL* updmap.cfg files.

That means, that we will have one updmap.cfg per tree, that ONLY
lists the font maps in the tree.

Then we have updmap.cfg in /etc/texmf/web2c which lists the configurations.

I have started tex-common/branches/v3/ with a few changes for now.

What has to done:
- rewrite dh_installtex that snippets are placed somewhere
  into /var/lib/texmf/ (what was before in /etc/texmf/updmap.d/
  separate by /usr/share/texmf and /usr/share/texmf-dist
- adapt the trigger meachnism so that on the map trigger the
  respective updmap.cfg files are recreated from the snippets

Everything else remains the same, so it should be simpler.

Anyone wants to work on that??????

Arthur's consciousness approached his body as from a great
distance, and reluctantly. It had had some bad times in
there. Slowly, nervously, it entered and settled down into
its accustomed position.
Arthur sat up.
`Where am I?' he said.
`Lord's Cricket Ground,' said Ford.
`Fine,' said Arthur, and his consciousness stepped out
again for a quick breather. His body flopped back on the
grass.
                 --- Arthur coping with his return to Earth as best as he
                 --- could.