Re: texlive-binaries upgrade

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade the texlive-binaries package from 2009-9 =>
> 2009-10. The upgrade will remove a bunch of packages:
[...]
>    texlive-binaries (2009-9 => 2009-10)
> 1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 26 to remove and 11 not upgraded.
> Need to get 7,685 kB of archives.
> After this operation, 364 MB disk space will be freed.
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
>
> Anybody having an idea why this happens? The only difference between
> the new and the old package I see is:
>
> new:
> Breaks: texlive-base (<< 2009-12)
> Recommends: texlive-base

The first was added because it does (texconfig assumes config.ps and 3
others are under ucf control, but they aren't).  I assumed that it pulls
in newer texlive-base etc., and I have tested this.

Well, I have tested it with aptitude, not apt-get.  And I cannot
currently test it with apt-get, since in my squeeze chroot there's a
problem with libc6 upgrades and apt-get refuses to do any upgrade.

Hilmar, can you try aptitude instead?

Frank Küster
Sprecher B90/Grüne OV Miltenberg und Umgebung
VCD Miltenberg, ADFC Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg
Debian Developer (TeXLive)