Re: TL2011 - now is the time to chime in!

Hey Norbert and company,

I'm not sure if you follow LLVM/Clang like I do, but I suggest reading this discussion on SVN vs. Git with the LLVM Repository goals.

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2011-July/041671.html

Chris Lattner [the creator of LLVM] and several fellow former Apple colleagues go into some concerns about the pros/cons of moving to a strictly Git approach rather than using a stagered approach.

They go into discussing svn, git, bzr and their bridge packages between all three.

Looking from a Thread view it's nearly at 100 comments:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2011-July/thread.html#41708

Sincerely,

Marc J. Driftmeyer

--
Marc J. Driftmeyer
Email :: mjd@reanimality.com
Web :: http://www.reanimality.com
Cell :: (509) 435-5212
begin:vcard
fn:Marc J. Driftmeyer
n:Driftmeyer;Marc
org:ReAnimality Inc.;Consulting Executive
adr:;;2651 E. 38th Ave;Spokane;WA;99223;USA
email;internet:mjd@reanimality.com
title:CEO
tel;work:(509)435-5212
tel;cell:(509)435-5212