Re: Packaging LaTeXila -- a LaTeX editor for GNOME

On Di, 27 Apr 2010, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
> > The package should in any way not be in any of the two categories, but
> > somewhere like other editors.
>
> Should it? Currently I put it in section tex, as kile and texmaker are
> (on the control file, I mean).

Put afair section "tex" is not officially existing ;-)

> I also have to publish it somewhere: currently it is on my own Git
> server, but I may put it under collab-main, on debian-science or on
> debian-tex on Alioth.

You can keep it whereever you want, no *need* to put it up somewhere
if you don't want to. Just post your ready packages (source) somewhere
and I will take a look (uploading to mentors.debian.org might be an
option).

Of course, if you want to put it into one of the public gits I guess
that is no problem, like the collab-maint.

> > They should implement synctex better sooner than later. There is
> > texworks in Debian that shows how to do it ... ;-)
>
> Yes, good idea, I shall suggest it to him.

It is already on the todo list I have found on the sf page, but they
should please please use synctex feature ...

JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force
ADLESTROP (n.)
That part of a suitcase which is designed to get snarled up on
conveyor belts at airports. Some of the more modern adlestrop designs
have a special 'quick release' feature which enables the case to flip
open at this point and fling your underclothes into the conveyor
belt's gearing mechanism.