Re: Packaging LaTeXila -- a LaTeX editor for GNOME

Le mardi 27 avril 2010, Norbert Preining a écrit :
> Please if you do [1] then also include the link in the email ;-)

Erf, indeed, my mistake.
[1] <http://latexila.sourceforge.net/>.

> Anyway, please post it here, too, or even better also directly to me.

Okay, thank you.

> > So, do you think this package is more relevant for Debian Science or for
> > Debian TeX?
>
> I think you should ask on both sides, it is not that important from where
> the sponsor comes, but that he takes a look at the package.
>
> The package should in any way not be in any of the two categories, but
> somewhere like other editors.

Should it? Currently I put it in section tex, as kile and texmaker are
(on the control file, I mean).

I also have to publish it somewhere: currently it is on my own Git
server, but I may put it under collab-main, on debian-science or on
debian-tex on Alioth.

> BTW, do you have good connections with the authors (upstream)?

As good as with someone I do not personally know, and that was happy to
learn that I was going to package his software. He is the single author,
by the way.

> They should implement synctex better sooner than later. There is
> texworks in Debian that shows how to do it ... ;-)

Yes, good idea, I shall suggest it to him.

--
Tanguy Ortolo