Re: TeX Gyre Fonts, ftp-master email

On Mo, 29 Jun 2009, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> Concerning the LPPL, AFAIK it is not inherited by derived works. If it
> were, the change in license would be absolutly useless, since the GUST
> font license while derived from LPPL is still a different license. But

Wrong. GUST Font License == LPPL. It only adds one clause that is not
legally required.

I would consider the source of tex gyre
- URW fonts -> now LPPL
- cyrillic character by Valek Filippov
- Vietnamese characters by Han The Thanh

So the question is under which license fall the other chars.

But honestly, are we still fighting on something like that?

Is there anyone actually bothered, these licensing issue now seems
really a good situation.

If we consider TeX Gyre now not acceptable, then please let us start
*now* with removing most of TeX Live!

CORRIEARKLET (n.)
The moment at which two people approaching from opposite ends of a
long passageway, recognise each other and immediately pretend they
haven't. This is to avoid the ghastly embarrassment of having to
continue recognising each other the whole length of the corridor.