Re: allowed programs in shell-escape

Hi Élie,

On Mo, 28 Sep 2009, Élie Roux wrote:
> satisfying. As TeXLive 2009 has a list of programs allowed to be run
> from TeX even without the --shell-escape option, I would like to know
> if you were evisaging to have a system in dh_installtex to register
> some programs in this list? If not, what do you think about it?

Most probably no. Especially since people can edit this setting
in texmf.cnf (the hopefully soon to be uploaded version for TL2009)
and the changes should be even preserved during upgrades due to the
use of ucf.

Adding support for this in dh_installtex seems to be quite unrealistic,
we would end up with each and every package adding itself to this list.

I would put a README.Debian where it is explained how to edit
	/etc/texmf/texmf.cnf
(again, with the new package that is not yet uploaded as there is no
TL2009 for Debian by now) and add your program to this list.

HORTON-CUM-STUDLEY (n.)
The combination of little helpful grunts, nodding movements of the
head, considerate smiles, upward frowns and serious pauses that a
group of people join in making in trying to elicit the next
pronouncement of somebody with a dreadful stutter.