allowed programs in shell-escape

Hello,

I have just seen the message
http://lists.debian.org/debian-tex-maint/2009/09/msg00153.html and I
wanted to say that I'm really glad to hear this news, and I'm far from
being the only one!

I'm the developer and maintainer of gregorio
(http://home.gna.org/gregorio, packaged in Debian), composed of a TeX
style (not in TeXLive) and a preprocessor to write in this TeX style
from different notations. I'm now working on a feature which is asked
by many users: the possibility to compile a file with gregorio
directly from TeX. The problem is that to do so, I need the users to
compile with the --shell-escape option, which is not really
satisfying. As TeXLive 2009 has a list of programs allowed to be run
from TeX even without the --shell-escape option, I would like to know
if you were evisaging to have a system in dh_installtex to register
some programs in this list? If not, what do you think about it?

Thank you,
--
Elie