Re: [Debian-tex-commits] SVN tex-common commit + diffs: r3932 - tex-common/branches/for-tl2008/scripts

On Fr, 15 Mai 2009, Frank Küster wrote:
> > I was working on the packaging thingies of TL, but honestly I didn't
> > think about upgrades for now.
>
> I wanted to be able to build the packages on my main system, where I
> don't want to break typesetting by installing TL2008 packages...

Uuhhhh, dangerous. I am planning to switch to TL2009 already quite soon,
because we are starting to build binaries for it, and updates of TL2008
on CTAN are blocked already. So no need to do anyhting important.

Still, all the work I have done recently was quite helpful already.

> It seems you forgot to attach it. Is it in the archives somewhere?

Attached.

Bye

HALCRO (n.)
An adhesive fibrous cloth used to hold babies' clothes
together. Thousands of tiny pieces of jam 'hook' on to thousands of
tiny-pieces of dribble, enabling the cloth to become 'sticky'.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff
--- Begin Message ---
Dear developers,

There is an increased usage of triggers in squeeze and I would like to issue a
word of warning concerning lenny to squeeze upgrade:

Before removing the maintainer script code that that is replaced by the
activation of a trigger, you have to make sure that a suitable version
of the triggered package is installed, at the very least, one that register
a trigger.

To allow for lenny to squeeze upgrade (including partial upgrade),
this means that either

1) the lenny version of the triggered package already register the trigger.
or
2) the triggering package depends on an appropriate version of the triggered
package.

otherwise there is no garanty that the trigger will be available when the
package is upgraded. This might be critical with e.g. boot loaders.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.