Re: dvipdfmx; fontmapsx is missing

Brendon Higgins <blhiggins@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, AFAICT. The figures that are causing me trouble are generated using
> PyXPlot, which uses the PyX plotting package for python, which itself uses
> Latex, at least for the textual parts (math mode, etc.). I would presume
> Latex wouldn't (or, at least, shouldn't) be generating text that Latex (or
> its tools) can't process when in an EPS file.
[...]
> Installing the package makes the warning go away (the file exists), but the
> figure's text in the output is still missing. I guess that wasn't what was
> causing my problem.
>
> What's weird is that it's only the axes labels that are missing. The text in
> the inset key is fine. FWIW, doing DVI->PS->PDF works properly.

It could have to do with fonts that are used, but not embedded in the
EPS file. Actually, this one doesn't look like a dvipdfm bug, except
maybe that it could give better warnings. I suggest that you search for
help on the font problem in a TeX newsgroup (like comp.text.tex, very
competent people) or mailinglist. They'll want to see a minimal working
example...

Debian Developer (TeXLive)
VCD Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg, ADFC Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg