About TexLive 2008

Hi,

I'm a debian user who's getting involved with the debian develpement;
since I'm becoming more and more addicted to TeX, I would like to know
if and how I could help with the packaging of TeXLive 2008: maybe
testing, debugging or proof checking some license information.
Besides, I would like to know how debian is going to deal with tlmgr:
since I use latex also on my netbook, where disk space is quite
limited, I sometimes find it problematic to have to install tens of
megabytes of packages just to have a font or so. To be clear, I think
the actual packaging scheme is perfectly OK for normal use cases; I
think it would be nice to have an alternative for space limited
systems.
An other nice feature to have in debian would be to have a tlmgr-like
program, that just installs the proper debian package instead of
downloading the tex one; now AFAIK one has to search through the
package long descriptions, which isn't the neatest thing (not a big
deal of course...)
Cheers,

Luca