texlive 2008

Ok, I have rediffed the patches, removed those applied upstream, done
some work.

I will upload new packages of all 5 tomorrow to the usual place. The
packages will be built with trigger support, so you need tex-common 1.15
installed. Get it from people..../TeX/next/

Now it is really time to try them out.

Things we should do:
- work through all the stuff in the
	texlive-*/debian/*.{pre,post}{inst,remove}.{pre,post}
  and check if it still is necessary. I have already removed some things
  related to updates from 2005 and reviving missing conffiles, but
  there is for sure loads of other things.

- check all the
	texlive-*/debian/*.root/
  what we ship there overriding the original files, if all is still
  necessary etc etc. Those files are merged after normal building into
  the respective package directories debian/$package/

- check replace stuff: we are moving loads of stuff around between
  packges, so probably a lot of replaces: ... are necessary

- if we actually can install the stuff we should check the functionality

- many things I forgot.

Every contribution is welcome, every small test and report...

`You ARE Zaphod Beeblebrox?'
but don't shout it out or they'll all
want one.'
`THE Zaphod Beeblebrox?'
`No, just A Zaphod Bebblebrox, didn't you hear I come in
six packs?'
I just heard on the sub-ether
radio report. It said you were dead...'
`Yeah, that's right, I just haven't stopped moving yet.'
                 --- Zaphod and the Guide's receptionist.