Re: Packaging TeXLive 2008: Source packages

On Mi, 21 Jan 2009, Hilmar Preusse wrote:
> IMHO it would be nicer to use the upstream tar balls, simply because

Nice yes, but not practical.

> specific to Debian. On the other hand we probably will have to
> rebuilt the ".orig.tar.gz" a few times due to licensing problem, so

for exactely that reason. All the packages that have been removed since
the release of the tar balls have to be again cancelled. Much better and
easier for the future to always start from some svn checkout. That way
if some package is removed due to licensing problems, we just build a
new .orig.tar.gz from the svn checkout where the package is removed.
Much cleaner.

BURSLEDON
The bluebottle one is too tired to get up and start, but not tired
enough to sleep through.