Re: Packaging TeXLive 2008: Source packages

On 13.01.09 Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) wrote:

Hi *,

Happy new year too, in case I didn't say that yet ;-)

> Shouldn't we switch to using the texmf and source files as our
> orig.tar files (dpkg-source in lenny understands lzma) and
> consequently to having only two source packages, texlive-source and
> texlive-texmf?

IMHO it would be nicer to use the upstream tar balls, simply because
it is the vanilla upstrteam and we don't have to maintain solutions
specific to Debian. On the other hand we probably will have to
rebuilt the ".orig.tar.gz" a few times due to licensing problem, so
we won't use the vanilla upstream code anyway. As said we'd further
have to redesign the build system.

In my opinion it would be very nice, but I do see the lots of work to
do and my unability to contribute. :-(

H.
--
Women professionals do tend to over-compensate.
		-- Dr. Elizabeth Dehaver, "Where No Man Has Gone Before",