Re: packaging lmodern 1.106

Hi Norbert,

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 01:33 +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:

> I want to package lmodern 1.106 for experimental now, but I am not sure
> what to do with the afm files. From the doc/fonts/lm/lm-hist.txt:
> * math fonts (PostScript Type 1) have been equipped with PFMs for installing
>   under Win systems; there are two AFM files for each PFB file: (1) *.AFT --
>   consistent with TFM; (2) *.AFM -- consistent with PFB
>
> I guess I just forget the .AFT files ???

$ /usr/bin/afmdiff.awk lmbsy10.af*
Comparison of AFM metrics in files: lmbsy10.afm lmbsy10.aft
Font names: LMMathSymbols10-Bold LMMathSymbols10-Bold

Chars from LMMathSymbols10-Bold missing from LMMathSymbols10-Bold:
nbspace			   space

Chars from LMMathSymbols10-Bold missing from LMMathSymbols10-Bold:

WX width differences:

Bounding box width differences:

Bounding box height differences:
$

So there does not seem to be a lot of difference between the two afm
files. If one looks into the files, one sees that the encoding is
different. The AFM file has an encoding just like the PFB file, while
the encoding in the AFT file is the same as in the TFM files. I guess
that's what's meant by 'consistent'.

Anyway, I would also go for the AFM files, since they are comparable
to the actually installed PFB files.

cheerio
ralf