freeze exceptions for texlive-extra and texlive-bin

Hi all,

I would like to ask again for freeze exceptions for texlive-extra and
for texlive-bin.

On Do, 23 Okt 2008, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> I'd rather have the uploads happen not much after the issues are
> discovered (say, a couple weeks), in order to have the package
> releaseable at all times.
>
> If you could do that, it would be much appreciated.

Concerning texlive-extra it is nothing else then again removal of
non-free stuff following upstream:

texlive-extra (2007.dfsg.8-1) unstable; urgency=medium

  This release fixes (again) RC bugs by removing non free stuff, so new
  orig.tar is needed, and urgency medium.

  [ Norbert Preining ]
  * fix typo in changelog entry in 2007.dfsg.7-1 (Closes: #501880)
  * blacklist kalendar since it is nonfree (Closes: #502515)

  [ Frank Küster ]
  * blacklist hilowres since it is nonfree (Closes: #502002)

 -- Norbert Preining <preining@debian.org>  Mon, 27 Oct 2008 00:05:41 +0100

Then I would like to ask for a freeze exception for texlive-bin:

texlive-bin (2007.dfsg.2-4) unstable; urgency=medium

  * add texlive-extra-utils replaces tetex-bin (<<2007) to make sure
    upgrade from Etch does work (Closes: #503462) (RC->medium)
  * drop three recommends to suggests:
    - texlive-extra-utils -> dvi2tty: dvi2tty is not in testing
    - texlive-extra-utils -> dvidvi: added feature, no direct need
    - texlive-base-bin -> perl-tk: we give an error message on texdoctk if
      perl-tk is missing
    (Closes: #502527)

 -- Norbert Preining <preining@debian.org>  Mon, 27 Oct 2008 01:13:56 +0100

The first is an RC bug, the second one are useful additions, since
dvi2tty is missing in Lenny and and recommending it could create
problems.

The other downgrades also do make sense since now recommends is quasi a
default installation, it is not useful to have that on all
installations.

Perl-Tk could be a problem, but the only small program using it already
issues a warning that perl-tk has to be installed. So the user will
know.

Best wishes and thanks a lot

DITHERINGTON (n)
Sudden access to panic experienced by one who realises that he is
being drawn inexorably into a clabby (q.v.) conversion, i.e. one he
has no hope of enjoying, benefiting from or understanding.