texlive packages include plenty of standard licence text

Hi folks,

maybe this is known, in this case I apologise. I don't have the time
right now to check.

  find /usr/share/doc/texlive* -name artistic\* -o -name gpl\*

produces output like

  /usr/share/doc/texlive-doc/latex/fancyvrb/artistic2.txt.gz
  /usr/share/doc/texlive-generic-extra/plain/metatex/gpl.txt.gz

etc. This is against policy 12.5 in two ways:

  - licence files must not be compressed
  - common licences should refer to the corresponding files under
    /usr/share/common-licenses, rather than quoting them in the
    copyright file.

I suppose I could file serious bugs against these packages, but I am
not sure I'd get them all. Better to check with you. Comments?

"nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit."
                                                             -- seneca