Re: CrossTeX

Robert Burgess <burgess@systems.cs.cornell.edu> wrote:

>> BTW: Testing crosstex with one of my bibs prodcues quite a chaotic thing
>> I am not sure it will work...
>>
> What is the bibliography?  How chaotic?  If you have time, I would
> sincerely appreciate a bug report.  Thank you also for your other
> observations---you are right, CrossTeX is related to TeX no more
> tightly than BibTeX is, which is to say, manipulates bibliographies
> and .aux files, but does not directly interface with TeX.

bibtex *is* linked against libkpathsea, it uses it to find bst and
bib files. I don't know the philosophy of CrossTeX. But if if aims to be
a (mostly) TeX-specific tool, then it should definitely *not* read its
bibliographies and citation style definitions from somewhere outside a
TEXMF tree.

Frank Küster