Re: umlaute not supported any more(?)

Norbert,

thanks for the explanation.

What surprises me somewhat is that I do not use any other program which I have
to tell the character encoding explicitly on my lenny system. E.g. emacs/kate
etc. knew the character encoding by itself and displayed umlauts right away.
It seems that they have at least sensible defaults. Do you know, how they
figure them out?

Thanks,
Rainer

--