Re: umlaute not supported any more(?)

Hi Axel,

thanks for the quick reply. It seems that it was an unfortunate coincidence
that I migrated from
- umlaut.sty to inputenc.sty and
- from ISO8859-1 to UTF-8
through the migration from Debian etch to  Debian lenny. Seems that this will
affect mainly Debian users, when Debian lenny becomes the next stable Debian
version.

What I do not yet understand is why the umlaut.sty did not require any
parameter, but the inputenc needs utf8. Had umlaut.sty a default which was a
good match for me or is inputenc missing a system setting?

Rainer

Am Mittwoch, 9. Januar 2008 schrieben Sie: