Re: ArabTeX package

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 15:06 +0200, aelmahmoudy@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 01:38:49PM +0200, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> > pst-char.sty is from pstricks, so you probably have to install
> > texlive-pstricks(?). Maybe one should add a Suggest for that.
>
> I found that texlive-pstricks is indeed installed on my system. So, it
> seems that this is not the case. Anyways, I did:
>
> apt-file search pst-char.sty
>
> I found that it only exists in tetex-src package.

Upstream change: pst-char.sty seems to be part of pst-text.sty. See
Section 4 in 'texdoc pstnews1-15'.

> What about the other errors mentioned in the other log files ?
> That was when I ran 'latex samplebook.tex':
>
> ! Since I do not know what the Jalali calendar is
>  I can't typeset the Farsi date.
>  I stop here, while you get a suitable Arabiftoday.sty file.
> \reserved@a ...et a suitable Arabiftoday.sty file}
>                                                   \@@end
> l.99 }
>
> ?

Arabiftoday.sty does not exist, but we do have arabiftoday.sty. Looks
like the developer of arabi works on a Windows machine and does not
know about case sensitve file systems. :-( Who wants to get in touch
with him?

>  ) ) )
> (\end occurred when \ifx on line 141 was incomplete)
> (\end occurred when \ifx on line 141 was incomplete)
>
> And when I ran 'latex testplaintex.tex' I got this is missing.log:
>
> mktextfm TraditionalArabic
> mktextfm andlso

Here we have to issues: Upstream actually contains
traditionalarabic.tfm, not TraditionalArabic.tfm. However, this file
is not installed with Debian (don't know about TeX Live proper),
probably because the real fonts corresponding to these metrics cannot
be included in the distribution as they are nonfree fonts from
Microsoft. Chapter 7 of 'texdoc user_guide' seems to provide more
information on this.

cheerio
ralf