Re: ArabTeX package

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 01:38:49PM +0200, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> > Well, in that case, it doesn't seem that I would make a package for
> > arabtex. I just installed texlive-lang-arab, arabtex package is working
> > fine with me. Btw, the arabtex in this texlive-lang-arab is not the
> > up-to-date version.
>
> Is the up-to-date version on CTAN? If yes, then it will be in the next
> texlive release. If not, please nug upstream to upload it. ;-) BTW, if
> arabtex is changing a lot, then a separate package might make sense.
Yes the latest tex312.tgz is on:
http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/language/arabic/arabtex/

> > As for arabi, it is not working well. For example when I tried to run
> > latex
> > on big2.tex, I got this error:
> >
> > ! LaTeX Error: File `pst-char.sty' not found.
> >
> > Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
> > or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)
>
> pst-char.sty is from pstricks, so you probably have to install
> texlive-pstricks(?). Maybe one should add a Suggest for that.

I found that texlive-pstricks is indeed installed on my system. So, it
seems that this is not the case. Anyways, I did:

apt-file search pst-char.sty

I found that it only exists in tetex-src package.

What about the other errors mentioned in the other log files ?
That was when I ran 'latex samplebook.tex':

! Since I do not know what the Jalali calendar is
 I can't typeset the Farsi date.
 I stop here, while you get a suitable Arabiftoday.sty file.
\reserved@a ...et a suitable Arabiftoday.sty file}
                                                  \@@end
l.99 }

?
 ) ) )
(\end occurred when \ifx on line 141 was incomplete)
(\end occurred when \ifx on line 141 was incomplete)

And when I ran 'latex testplaintex.tex' I got this is missing.log:

mktextfm TraditionalArabic
mktextfm andlso

--
 أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)