More fine-grained control in texlive?

Dear Norbert, Frank, Florent and other maintainers,

Could we have a little bit more fine-grained control in the texlive
packages?

I'm trying to upgrade my tetex distribution to a texlive one (and my
intent is to produce a live CD for mathematicians), but some of the new
packages are quite big (one of them is 120+MB installed!).

Can I suggest you some partitions? For instance, we have
texlive-math-extra, but we don't have texlive-math-recommended, which I
would like to see for consistency purposes (and it would be useful too).

Can we migrate fonts from -extra to -recommended? And can we fix some
descriptions of packages? I see that some don't have description, were
it would be quite useful for the packages to have.

I can say more precisely which migrations I would implement or which
captions we could have described, but let me first know if this is
intended.

Thank you very much, Rogério Brito.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/