Re: More fine-grained control in texlive?

Hi Rogério,

On Don, 28 Jun 2007, Rogério Brito wrote:
> Could we have a little bit more fine-grained control in the texlive
> packages?

Well, yes and no.

> Can I suggest you some partitions? For instance, we have
> texlive-math-extra, but we don't have texlive-math-recommended, which I
> would like to see for consistency purposes (and it would be useful too).
>
> Can we migrate fonts from -extra to -recommended? And can we fix some
> descriptions of packages? I see that some don't have description, were
> it would be quite useful for the packages to have.

Simply said, no. We are following upstream's collections. So what
collection there are we will transfer into .debs.

(putting upstream hat on since I am also upstream) of course if you come
up with a sensible splitting, which does not create too much problems
and ensures more or less proper dependencies, I can implement it also
upstream in TeX Live 2008.

But for 2007: No.

Ah and yes, if you want to move fonts from -extra to -recommended, which
are they? It is again an upstream thing. But if upstream does it for
TL2008, we can follow already in the Debian packages, but we need some
argumentation why it should be made.

SCORRIER (n.)
A small hunting dog trained to snuffle amongst your private parts.