Re: texlive2007 and otfinst.py

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@web.de> wrote:

>> > Why not use TEXMFCONFIG/updmap.d?
>>
>> You mean, instead of HOME/.texmf-config?  Hm, fixed in my local copy.
>
> Yes, I think a logic similar to the one in update-fontlang would be
> good.

I see one problem with the code in update-fontlang:

    # Is there an updmap.d/language.d directory somewhere in the expansion of
    # $TEXMFCONFIG?
    conf_dir=""
    texmfconfig=$(kpsewhich --expand-path '$TEXMFCONFIG')
    OLDIFS="$IFS"
    IFS=:
    for d in "$texmfconfig"; do
        if [ -d "$d/$CNFDIR" ]; then
            conf_dir="$d/$CNFDIR"
            break
        fi
    done
    IFS="$OLDIFS"

In the usual case with TEXMFCONFIG=$HOME/.texmf-config, when update-* is
first invoked, this directory will often not exist.  update-fontlang
will then *not* create it.

A simple fix would be

    for d in "$texmfconfig"; do
        : ${cnfdir:=$d}
        if [ -d "$d/$CNFDIR" ]; then
            conf_dir="$d/$CNFDIR"
            break
        fi
    done
    test -n "$conf_dir" || conf_dir=$cnfdir/$CNFDIR

which takes the first among a couple of directories in TEXMFCONFIG

Frank Küster