Re: Problem found, solution missing

Frank Küster <frank@kuesterei.ch> wrote:

> Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:
>
>> Do you implement this? I can currently not commit anything since on
>> linux I can get the wlan to work (ahhh how I hate it) and for internet I
>> have to use the installed windows.
>
> I've already done some coding, but no testing yet.  Will commit the
> untested stuff soon.

Okay, I have built texlive-bin from current svn and upgraded from
sid, etch+tetex, etch+texlive, and "etch+texlive+tetex-base-conffiles,
upgrade to sid, purge tetex-base, upgrade/reinstall".  All went well.

>> BTW, concerning the tex-common upload. Let's hope that the
>> fmtutil/dh_installtex change really works well, I didn't do many tests.
>> We will see. Although I am drunken I see a small problem now that I
>> think about it ... it is again the jadetex ... I am not sure what will
>> happen with this, since now the postinstall of jadetex (after the
>> rebuild with tex-common 1.7) calls
>> 	fmtutil-sys --conffile /etc/texmf/fmt.d/40jadetex.cnf --all
>> I guess this should be all right, but we might check.
>
> I think it is all right, since jadetex won't be configured unless
> tl-latex-base on which it depends has been configured.
>
> But I'll do some upgrade tests.

I built a jadetex and included it in the
etch+texlive+tetex-base-conffiles test, no problems.

Frank Küster