Re: cm-super-minimal

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 23:00 +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Well, I forgot completely that I have made this package some time ago,
> it is now out for testing, please take a look and tell me what you
> think:
>
> 	deb(-src) http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ cm-super/
>
> Thanks a lot for any feedback!!!

I have just insalled this package, and up to now everything is working
fine. There is noly one minor glitch: README.Debian uses som ISO-8859
encoding. Since at least with new installs the default is to use UTF-8
locales (finally!), I think it would be good to convert the file with
reencode or iconv.

BTW, a little later I updated my etch + texlive-2005 system to use the
texlive-2007 backports. No problems so far but a minor glitch. I got
warnings like this:

,----
| It looks like /etc/texmf/tex/generic/config/pdftexconfig.tex has been removed.
| In most cases this is a consequence of bug #420390.
| We are reinstatiating this config file.
| If you *really* want this to be removed, do it again,
| but beware of the consequences.
`----

This system never had tetex installed, so #420390 does not apply
here. But in texlive-2005 pdftexconfig.tex et al. where installed in
/usr/share/texmf-texlive. Is it possible to catch this situation
during the upgrade process?

cheerio & thanks for the good work
ralf